cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec QuickStart Edition

m_techguy
Level 4
 I am currently running Backup Exec 8.  I just got a new LTO drive and it came with Backup Exec 11 QuickStart Edition.  I am not sure if I shold use the new software or stick to the old one.  
My network setup is simple.  I dont' run any servers, just P2P machines, and I would like to be able to backup all the machines over the network and I would need to be able to to install the agent over the network.
Should I install the new software or should I stick with the old one?

techguy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5
 Currently as your needs are simple and are being met by BE8, I suggest you to stick with existing one. You can upgrade to a newer version later when your network expands

Lyon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
Hello techguy,

BE8 is outdated now!! I suggest you to go for the new version you've got.

Harry

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Techguy,

BEWS 8 is long gone, and your QuickStart version would be the logical choice to go for. You'd get better support, along with updated drivers/patches etc.
However, I'd then look at the latest version of QuickStart and see if you can get a free upgrade to that. The reason for this would be saving a double-installation...first 11, and then an upgrade to the newest version. Rather cut down on the amount of work done, and get it installed correctly once.
Contact Symantec and see if you're eligible for the latest version of QuickStart. If so, download it and use that one.
Until then, BEWS 8 can do...but look at upgrading as soon as possible.

Laters!

lyon
Level 5
 Currently as your needs are simple and are being met by BE8, I suggest you to stick with existing one. You can upgrade to a newer version later when your network expands

Lyon