cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit and Backup Exec Media Server 12 SP3 32bit?

Larcomp
Not applicable
Hi
Is there a Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit that works? I came to think about backup AFTER installing our new file server.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Your title indicates that you might be on version 12.0 of BackuP Exec is so you need version 12.5 and one of the later hotfixes - and you need to not be trying to install the remote agent on a Core server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Your title indicates that you might be on version 12.0 of BackuP Exec is so you need version 12.5 and one of the later hotfixes - and you need to not be trying to install the remote agent on a Core server.

AHanna
Not applicable
I am using backup Exec 12.5, completely up to date with hotfix 2213 and the agent still won't install on Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise edition (even though the documentation with 2213 says that it should).

Shaun_Owens
Level 3
We are running Server 2008 R2 SE and were able to install the agent without problems.  Are you trying to install the agent from the Symantec console?  If not that is how we did it.

MitchR
Level 6

We had better success with 2008 after deploying SP3 to our environment- better than just the Hotfox.

When in doubt, completly uninstall & reinstall the agent after you've fully patched the server side.  Once in a while I have to do this to solve pesky agent issues.

Also watch out for 2008's local firewall & Security Configuration Wizard.