cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Backup Exec Remote Agent' terminates unexpectedly

Sharath_Shashid
Level 4

Hi all

Am having proble with backup remote agent on windows server 2012 R2.

Server : Backup exec2012 with sp3 is intalled on windows 2008 std

Client : Windows 2012 R2 having hyper-v ( 2 linux & 2 windows system)

Once i push the agent to win2012 r2 the agent stops working & exits. when i try to run the agent manually in the "Pushing" tab the name of the backup server is missing and when i try to maually enter the details it dosent save.

In the windows 2012 server event viewer it shows "The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s)."

Tryed uninstalling the agent & pushing back. it wil work for some time & crashes. as a result am not able to take backup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Windows Server 2012 R2 isn't supported at this point in time. The BE 2012 SCL doesn't reference it which might explain why the RAWS agent terminates.

Installing the agents on the individual VMs should solve this until BE 2012 R2 (still waiting for the Beta to come out!) supports it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

Windows Server 2012 R2 isn't supported at this point in time. The BE 2012 SCL doesn't reference it which might explain why the RAWS agent terminates.

Installing the agents on the individual VMs should solve this until BE 2012 R2 (still waiting for the Beta to come out!) supports it.

Thanks!

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec does not support Win 2012 R2.

Refer to the below blog 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/backup-exec-2012-r2-update-news-about-windows-server-2012-r2-support-and-target-ga

Sharath_Shashid
Level 4

Thanks for the info.

CraigV

...just to clarify...installing the remote agent on your VMs isn't going to give you VM-level backups. It will be on the file level, but at least you will get backups until Windows Server 2012 R2 is officially supported in any form.

Thanks!