cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Retrieve "path not found" error

Martin_Wright
Level 2
BE: 11d SP2 with hotfixes 27 installed

I have set up CPS and it seems to working, exept web retrieve, Web retrieve doesn't find anything:
- Search seems to search ok but doesn't give any errors, but it doesn't give any results either.
- Browse shows only "Path Not Found".
- Recent activity shows nothing.
No matter which account I use to login. I've setpermissions for everyone to have read / write access.
Indexing seems to work, because I'm able to search and restore via CPS console succesfully.
I have tryed to repair CPS installation and also uninstalled and re-installed it. Still same problem.
How I can start to debug this?
5 REPLIES 5

Stephen_Peterso
Level 3
Im having the exact same issue.

Did you find a resolution?

Thanks,
Steve

Martin_Wright
Level 2
Hi Steve,

This is a known bug with CPS. I logged a support call with Symantec. This was their response to which I'm still waiting a fix:

The issue you are seeing is a known defect with the CPS application. This issue is currently being worked on by our engineers. It is uncertain as to how soon a fix for this will be released but you can be notified by subscribing to the technote below. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

The Search or the Recent Activity Sections of the Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) BERetrieve console does not display any files.

Respectfully,

Jairo Contreras
Advanced Tech Support Engineer
Backup Exec Professional
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com

Stephen_Peterso
Level 3
Martin,
Thanks for the response and the info. I really appreciate it.

I'll subscribe to the technote.

Thanks again,
Steve

Martin_Wright
Level 2
My pleasure Steve. If it's any consolation, you can still perform restores from the CPS console, but it's a pain not being able to use the indexing search facility.

Regards,

Martin

echiasson
Level 2
This is still not fixed , I am running version 12.5 and I did everything that article said and still get path not found