cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SDR - Needed for every backup?

LozBC
Level 4

Hi,

I have a physical server (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) which I installed the RAWS agent on to and performed a full backup with everything selected.

The SDR icon was green.

Once this was done I got an alert saying to configure secondary alternate storage for the SDR data which I did.

I then decided to run another backup but this time I setup several file type exclusions.

The SDR icon was grey this time.

When it comes to using SDR would I be able to do a full restore from the backup I took which had exclusions, or would SDR only allow a restore from the full non exclusion based backup?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

SDR does not allow exclusions from the C: drive.  It may allow exclusions from other drives if they are deemed not critical to a recovery.  The best way to judge is to look at the SDR light.  If it is off, it means that this selection cannot be used for a SDR recovery.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

SDR does not allow exclusions from the C: drive.  It may allow exclusions from other drives if they are deemed not critical to a recovery.  The best way to judge is to look at the SDR light.  If it is off, it means that this selection cannot be used for a SDR recovery.