cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System State requires constant reboot.

DeputyDoug
Level 2

I am currently trialling Backup Exec 2010 R3, and I have run into a problem when trying to perform a system state recovery.

Final error: 0xe000037c

V-79-57344-892 - An Attempt was made to restore System State over a previous restore.  Please reboot the system before performing this restore again.

I have rebooted the destination system several times, but i continue to receive this error.  I am running win server 2K3 R2 on both servers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you performing a DR? Is it a member server or a DC?

If its a DR then you need to 1st restore C drive and then the system state followed by a reboot.

DeputyDoug
Level 2

The server is just test server and is a member of a domain, but not a DC.

Pardon my naivity, put does the DR refer to running the IDR?

I was originally running the system state with the main C drive in one restore job, but I recently changed it to just trying to run the system state on its own.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

DR is disaster recovery which is manual way of restoring server to pre disaster state.

I was originally running the system state with the main C drive in one restore job, but I recently changed it to just trying to run the system state on its own.

You cannot restore only system state of a server, C drive has to be restored prior to system state.

DeputyDoug
Level 2

Ok, I tried running the C drive restore separately, and I am getting a number of errors on there which could be the reason behind the problem with trying to perform the system state restore.

The problems are with trying to restore individual files which are giving access denied.  All of them appear to be Kaspersky files.

It maybe that I need to run a DR to be able to overwrite these files, and then it will allow me to do a full system state restore.