cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Tape Backup - Cancel Job Verification Question

TheKid7
Level 3

I started a Very Large Tape Backup Job Last Week (~19 TB).  At the time I slected to Backup followed by a Backup Verification.  The Backup portion completed a few hours ago.  I know that it is better to complete the verification, but I need to pull the tapes this afternoon.

How do I properly Stop the Backup Verification?  The Options that I see when I right click on the Job are Cancel and Hold.  If I select Cancel will the Backed-Up Data be Preserved (Only the Verify Step lost.)?

Also, where do I look to see exactly which Tapes were used so that I know which Tapes to remove?  The Dell TL2000 has more Tapes than needed for this Backup Job.

Thanks in Advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Yes, you can cancel during the verify stage with no impact.  The data is already on the tape and stays there.  The BE catalogs have already been updated.  Ideally, you could run a separate verify job at a more conveneint time or opportunity.

Look in the backup job log to see which tapes were used for this job.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Yes, you can cancel during the verify stage with no impact.  The data is already on the tape and stays there.  The BE catalogs have already been updated.  Ideally, you could run a separate verify job at a more conveneint time or opportunity.

Look in the backup job log to see which tapes were used for this job.