cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Tape drive LTO7

nsagnel
Level 3

I am writing to seek your assistance as I am facing an issue with my LTO tape drive, which operates with Backup Exec 22.

During the production shutdown, I suspended the tape export operations. To do this, we put the drive on hold in Backup Exec (Storage tab, right-click, then "Suspend").

Now, I need to bring the drive back online, but it is no longer recognized.

I followed the instructions provided in the following link:

Troubleshooting hardware with Backup Exec for Windows Servers using the SCSI Trace Utility (tracer.e...

Meanwhile, the manufacturer came and replaced the hardware under warranty (drive + cable + SCSI card).

I ran the tracer.exe utility and received the error message "STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW."

I have attached below the result of Tracer.exe. Would anyone be able to provide me with some guidance to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that the tape drive is recognised by Windows and is functioning correctly in the Device Manager, then run the manufacturer's diagnostic utility against it.

Sorry, I didn't put all the information, but the hardware is correctly recognized in the device manager.
If I post this message it is that everything seems correct on the Windows system, and I start to think that the problem seems on the application side. Thank you for your support.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the Device Manager, make sure that the tape drive is using the Microsoft driver.

Delete the tape drive and then restart BE to get the tape drive recognised.

Hello,

I just did this operation. It is the Microsoft driver that is loaded.

nsagnel
Level 3

Hello, It's not really a solution, but here's what happened:
The manufacturer changed the LTO tape drive.
I tested it on a server with a freshly deployed OS, and it worked.
I reassembled my backup server.
Anyway, thank you for your help.