cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Temporary Files & FIM

SecOpsGuy
Level 2

I am working on a FIM project right now and am going over some files I often see popping up in our reports. Three in particular are of interest to me:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VirtFile.sys
C:\Windows\System32\DRVSTORE\VirtFile_BEECE804497C13681B68D69D6AED20EC850A6B2E\VirtFile.inf
C:\Windows\System32\DRVSTORE\VirtFile_BEECE804497C13681B68D69D6AED20EC850A6B2E\VirtFile.sys

I am considering writing exclusions for these files as I assume they are either temporary files or change often.

Would someone be kind enough tell me what role these files play with regards to Backup Exec?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

They're to do with the virtual file filter, and installed when you install an agent supporting AOFO. If you enable Advanced Open File Option you should be able to back them up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

They're to do with the virtual file filter, and installed when you install an agent supporting AOFO. If you enable Advanced Open File Option you should be able to back them up.

CraigV

Sorry it supports GRT, not AOFO. 

SecOpsGuy
Level 2

Thanks for the speedy reply and context.

I see now that I went further back in time that these files were not changing as often as I though. We apparently had a number of upgrades take place over the last week or so.

CraigV

GLad to have helped!