cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Upgrade to v11 questions

Rod_Foley
Level 2
I've got a problem here and i'll try to simplify it..

When we upgraded from 10.1 to 11 on SERVER1 our MSDE databse was not imported and we lost our database. However, we had a second server (SERVER2) running 10.1 on it with it's own MSDE, i beleive this was backing up the database for SERVER1. How can i import the 10.1 database from SERVER2 to the 11 database on SERVER1?
3 REPLIES 3

Rod_Foley
Level 2
Also, is there any possible way to retreive the data off a tape if the database does not contain information for the tape?

Richard_Mugford
Level 4
I'm not sure about the database issue. But I'm sure it's just a case of copying the database to a certain directory and away you go but don't quote me on that ;)

With regards retrieving data from a tape if no database info for it you just have to catalogue the tapes you want data off of.

Hope that helps a bit.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Rod

I don't think SERVER2 has backed up SERVER1's database. However, SERVER1's database backup should be on SERVER1, in a file called BEDB.bak (look for it within Windows).

If it is not present, I suggest you install a new server and catalogue the tapes so that you can restore from them. Also you should define the backup jobs manually as well.

Regards