cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec & Replication

Bachchan
Level 6

Hello everyone i need some help here.

if I have 2 Sites Site A & Site B and want replicate data in both the directions.

1 if i go with traditional license do I need Enterprise Server License on both Site A & Site B and Deduplication License on both the Sites? so 2 Enterprise Server License and 2 Deduplication License?

2. Backup exec also has capacity edition license. if i go with this will i get unlimited Enterprise Server License and unlimited deduplication license along with BE media server license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

AFAIK, in your case, you need 1 ESO licence for both the central and remote site.  You would need 1 dedup licence per server which uses dedup.

Yes.  The capacity licence model can be used in your case.

For licencing questions, it is better to talk to the Veritas licencing department which is the final authority on licencing matter.  Any posted on this Forum, including my answer, is just opinion and should not be relied upon for planning purposes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

AFAIK, in your case, you need 1 ESO licence for both the central and remote site.  You would need 1 dedup licence per server which uses dedup.

Yes.  The capacity licence model can be used in your case.

For licencing questions, it is better to talk to the Veritas licencing department which is the final authority on licencing matter.  Any posted on this Forum, including my answer, is just opinion and should not be relied upon for planning purposes.