cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec and HPE L&TT

miller75
Level 2

I have an issue with Backup Exec and HPE Library and Tape Tools, if I install both on the server and try running L&TT device scan Windows server 2019 blue screens and restarts.

If I uninstall Backup exec L&TT runs fine, I am stopping all the Backup Exec services. I have even tried disabling the services (Including the database) restarting the server and it still blue screens.

On a Windows 2012r2 server with the same hardware it works fine, does anyone have any idea's?

I really dont want to have the hassle of unistalling Backup Exec if I need to do a firmware update on the tape drive

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What exact version of BE?

What exact version of L&TT?

This is the first time I have heard of a BSOD issue with L&TT and I would think that there are a lot of similar customers running L&TT on Server 2019.  You are correct in that you shouldn't need to unisntall BE to run L&TT, just stop the BE services.

Does the BSOD error give any clues?

Sorry for the late reply I have been stuck on another job.

I was using 20.5 but just updated to 20.6 with same reults, L&TT is 4.3. When the server was running 2012r2 I had no issues at all so I cant see it been a harware issue.

The BSOD didnt give any clues it was just a generic error

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

It may be an environemntal issue with that one server, but I suggest opening a support case, as it should work.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

@miller75 Did you ever get to the bottom of this blue screen situation?

Another person also reported sa blue screen in this thread.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Backup-exex-is-unable-to-communicate-with-LTO-autoloader/m-p/...