cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

I reloaded our server with same version of BExec.

Now, all the tapes in the "Devices" > Slot interface have a media set name of: "Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media".

I have inventoried a couple tapes and "catalogged" them. And the media set name still says "Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media"

Question

How do I get the proper media set name back to match the tapes from what they were previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

What you described is expected bahaviour

If you reloaded the Backup Exec server without recovering your original Backup Exec database then all of your media set information will be missing. This information is kept inside the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) and NOT in the catalogs or on the tapes themselves.

When we find a tape (during an inventory)  containing MTF data that we do not have already listed in the BEDB, we place it in the Backup Exec and NT Backup media set for you to then manually manage what to do with it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

What you described is expected bahaviour

If you reloaded the Backup Exec server without recovering your original Backup Exec database then all of your media set information will be missing. This information is kept inside the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) and NOT in the catalogs or on the tapes themselves.

When we find a tape (during an inventory)  containing MTF data that we do not have already listed in the BEDB, we place it in the Backup Exec and NT Backup media set for you to then manually manage what to do with it.