cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec backup job elapsed time keeps increasing but byte count doesnt change

pprajapati
Not applicable

So I have a weird situation. I am using Symantec Backup Exec 11d in my environment.

The backup kicks off at its scheduled time but it gets hung up at a fixed byte count and the time keeps elapsing. After doing some major troubleshooting i found that the byte count stops on a particular server. So I just logged into that server and disabled the Backup Exec Remote agent utility service. As soon as i disabled the service, the byte counts started moving. So i dont know whether the issue is with the remote agent or the backup exec server.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Thanks,

Pratik

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If only the one server caused the job to hang, it probably is not the media server

Make sure that your media server has all maintenance applied and then re-push the agent to the problem server

(and it would be worth your while to look into upgrading to v2010 R3. 

V11d  went End of Engineering Support 2010-08-18  ( Last date for patch releases)  among other things this means that new devices may or may not work when it comes time to replace your hardware )

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have confirmed that the issue is with that one remote server then remove the server from the selection list and take the backups and ensure that its completed successfully.

For that concerned remote server create a new backup job to take the backup of that server seperately till the cause is found and issue about that server is solved.

Later when the issue is solved you can re-add the server to the original selection list.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Its Its Good that You Identified the server and removed it from the selection.

Identify the resource on wich It hangs Or is it Just the connectivity ..

if Connectivity has a problem.

Repair and check

if still issue persist Uninstall and re-push the remote agent.

if its Not connectivity then it should be the resource. Check if the resource C/D or any drive  or System State or some database is Being Backed Up and causing the problems.

Regards

Arul