cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec causing Exchange 2007 to unmount first and second storage groups

sycogrim
Level 2
Good day all

This is my first post and I'm hoping that someone will be able to assist me with this issue.

Ok this is my problem, I rebuilt my backup server as it crashed a while back and then managed to re setup my backup exec agent and most of the jobs.  Problem is now when my Exchange server backup runs, it finishes and verifies successfully however, the First and second storage groups do not seem to mount after the backup completes and it is becoming very frustrating.

Is there a way to force backup exec to mount the groups when it is finished or is there a command to do this??

Oh and I am using backup exec 10.1

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks ;)
5 REPLIES 5

sycogrim
Level 2
Please help pp someone out has to know how to sort this problem out...

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Are you using pre and post commands to mount and unmount the database before the backup?  Also Exchange 2007 is not supported with Backup Exec 10d. 

sycogrim
Level 2
Sorry I was meant to say im using Backup Exec 11d as we have been using before... and im not using any commands to have it re-mount the storage groups after it has backed up the exchange...

sycogrim
Level 2
Has anyone got a solution for this problem???

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Sycogrim,

Backup Exec does not dismount any of the stores for a backup. 

If the stores are getting dismounted during the backup please contact support using the information on the following link and someone will be more then happy to help you look into the issue. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp