cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec could not log on to the server while the account test is succsses

Masoud-Gh
Level 2

i use ESX 6 in my server And backup until last week had no problem But recently I get the following error :

Job Log: BEX_BEXEC_05225.xml

Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account.
Final error category: Security Errors

while my logon account test is success,

what is the problem?
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
You didn't tag the version of BE you use. Have you made sure that the account used still has the necessary rights to VMware?

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Try logging into the vCenter web client from the Backup Exec media server. If you're successfull, then in Backup Exec, go to Configuration and Setting -> Logon Accounts. Find the vCenter logon  account (assuming you're using vCenter) and update the username/password to the one you just used.

Make sure that Backup Exec is using that account for the vCenter resource. Do this by double clicking the vCenter resource in Backup Exec then select credentials. You can use the drop down to select the proper credentials.

i use BE 15 & i'm sure

i dont use vcenter,

My suggestions should still work for ESXi as well. Just remember that ESXi is going to be case sensitive for the user as well. On the credentials page for your ESXI server, create a new Backup Exec logon account and use the ESXi user and password. If possible, copy and paste the username and password from the vSphere client.