cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec does not perform restore of single messages - Exchange

Andr__Schumer
Level 3

Utilizo o Backup Exec 2010 R2, e possuo jobs de backup granular (GRT) configurados para meu Exchange.

Porém, de uns tempos pra cá, abro meus backups e visualizo apenas o nível de "caixas" (Entrada, Enviados, Calendário, Tarefas). Mas nada de visualizar as mensagens que estão nestas caixas, ou conseguir um restore de mensagens individuais.

Alguém sabe o que pode estar ocorrendo?

---

I have Backup Exec 2010 R2, running granular backup jobs (GRT), configured to my Exchange.

However, for some time now, I open my backups and I just can see the "boxes" level (Inbox, Sent Itens, Calendar, Tasks). But I can`t see no one single message in this boxes or get a individual restore of them.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Att,

André

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Andre',

Is this to disk or to tape, and are you using AOFO? If so, turn it off, run a backup and try again.

Also, make sure BE 2010 R2 is fully patched and that these patches are push-installed to any remote servers. Do this if you're not in a position to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with all available patches.

That said, take a look at my article below and try to duplicate your Exchange backup to disk first BEFORE running the restore...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Andre',

Is this to disk or to tape, and are you using AOFO? If so, turn it off, run a backup and try again.

Also, make sure BE 2010 R2 is fully patched and that these patches are push-installed to any remote servers. Do this if you're not in a position to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with all available patches.

That said, take a look at my article below and try to duplicate your Exchange backup to disk first BEFORE running the restore...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Its Recommended to have the software upgraded to latest Build

Are the Permissions Checked For Exchange Backup Requirement?

By the way what is the version of Exchange?

Andr__Schumer
Level 3

Hello all,

Sorry about delay in reply you and thanks a lot for your help until now.

This is a restore job tape to disk, BE 2010 full updated for Exchange 2007. Accounts permissions double checked and OK. Stage in disk before, hot restore after.
AOFO was really checked. I`ll run a backup without this option then run a new test.

Andr__Schumer
Level 3

Really, I just turned off AOFO and restore runs like a charm.

Thanks a lot.