cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec error E000E020

Brian_Z
Level 3

I'm getting a E000E020 error.  It is to my understanding, that this error happens when thier is not enough resources for said job to run within the allowed time window, so it returns that error code then.  We had a full system backup (2 jobs) set to run over the weekend every week for some reason this time it failed.  Now I have checked the useage of the server and no other jobs we running/using the drive at the time.  There should have been no reason for a lack of resources to run the jobs.  1 job is set to run a 6pm while the other starts at 6:30.  It has worked for the past 6 months just fine, so not sure why out of the blue it failed.

Anyways, my question is: Is there a way I can look up in more detail, why this error was given?  I've looked under job Monitor and the last thing to run was an inventory job at 3pm same day, which ended at 3:34pm.  That means there's almost 2.5 hours now between job tasks, so what could have told BE that it was in use/couldn't run the job?

I have noticed how ever that under the alerts tab, there has been a "LiveUpdate Information."  Something about 2 updates are available.  I've looked up how to do this update, but what (if anything) would that change?  Also, there is a "LiveUpdate Warning" for a remote agent server update.  I don't think either of these has anything to do with this cause both warnings were a day after the job had already failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Its an one-time event during DST changes. The next scheduled occurence of the backup job should run properly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6

If using BE 2010 and/or earlier, this error can be caused by the DST change as well.

Brian_Z
Level 3

Will that mean it's a one time event then during the change or is there something I need to change to fix this?

VJware
Level 6

Its an one-time event during DST changes. The next scheduled occurence of the backup job should run properly.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The DST problem is solved from BE 2012 onwards