cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec failed backup (error E0000393)

Simon_Cowley
Level 2

Hi,

I cannot find anything on this error but both incremental and full backups fail on E0000393 "Cannot extract mailbox message from the Exchange backup.  Review the job log for more information", for additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-915, further errors say '-528 The current log file is missing'.  This is consistant now for almost a week. 

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Simon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simon_Cowley
Level 2

Hi Both,

Many thanks, I have now got a backup again.  I ran a non GRT backup (AOFO was not enabled) which succeeded.  I will set a full backup off tonight and hope that completes also.

We are running BE 2010 R2.  I did find various literature about the error such as ensuring the Backup Exec account has domain admin access/Full Exchange Administrator access but though these were not configured with that level of access it has never caused an issue previously.  Other suggestions were installing hotfix 148347 but this was already in place.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - I assumed the forum would email me an alert if I had a response...!  I know not for next time!

Cheers,

Simon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Simon,

What version of BE are you using? If not R3, upgrade to that, run LiveUpdate and push-install to your remote servers.

Have you looked at removing the Exchange license from the media server and then readding it? Have you looked at removing the RAWS agent and then readding it?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ensure AOFO is not enabled for the Exchange backup job...

Also, it could be a case of log corruption or missing log files...run a non GRT backup & after a successful backup, logs would be committed to the dB...then run a GRT enabled backup...

Simon_Cowley
Level 2

Hi Both,

Many thanks, I have now got a backup again.  I ran a non GRT backup (AOFO was not enabled) which succeeded.  I will set a full backup off tonight and hope that completes also.

We are running BE 2010 R2.  I did find various literature about the error such as ensuring the Backup Exec account has domain admin access/Full Exchange Administrator access but though these were not configured with that level of access it has never caused an issue previously.  Other suggestions were installing hotfix 148347 but this was already in place.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - I assumed the forum would email me an alert if I had a response...!  I know not for next time!

Cheers,

Simon.

Simon_Cowley
Level 2

Unfortunatley I cannot get a backup to run with GRT enabled...  any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you considered the upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with SP1 yet to see if this resolves the issue?