Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec for Windows NT version 8.6 build 3808 upgrade to build 3878

Sam_Ho
Level 2
Hi,

We have encountered the access violation problem described in document 250658
(http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/250658.htm) and the solution is to apply the hotfix 42. However, the hotfix is for build 3878 and so I need to upgrade from the current build 3808 to 3878.

From the support links, I found that the upgrade is free and can be got from the link below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/241035

But when clicking on it, the above link is no longer available. Is there any other way that I can obtain the upgrade patch (3808 to 3878 for v.8.6)? Thanks in advance.

regards,

Sam
13 REPLIES 13

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You are the second person this week looking for a v8.6 install

Send me an EMail or post your EMail address in the format

username at domain dot extention

(to avoid address harvesting bots) and I'll send back instructions to retrieve a copy of v8.6.3894

Sam_Ho
Level 2
Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
My email is sam.ho@cigna.com

But just want to clarify the following:

i) can v8.6.3808 be upgraded directly to v8.6.3894?
ii) is v8.6.3894 already include hotfix 42 for v.8.6.3878, so that I need not to install hotfix 42 after upgrading to 3894?

Thanks again.

regards,

Sam

Marcus_Borchert
Not applicable
Hi Ken,

could you send me the instructions, too?

I was looking for the build 3878 and only found dead links.

My E-Mail: borchert@halledt.de

Thanx in advance

Marcus

Doug_Bloch
Level 2
I would appreicate the link and instructions thanks

doug at myitanswer dot com

Thanks
Doug

Mike_Bergeson
Level 2
I am also looking for the 8308 to 8378 upgrade download. Thanks for any information!

mike.bergeson@mercercanyons.com

James_Francis
Level 2
I would also like a link for the upgrade from 3808 to 3878 download

Jamesf@netshield.co.uk

James Francis

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Guess I'll go ahead and post this, since there seems to be a greater demand than I thought there would be.

Go to http://briefcase.yahoo.com/kputnam@pacbell.net select "Public" Then select the BackupExec folder
and you should see six segment files of about 14.5 MB each, along with CHOP.EXE

Download everything to an empty directory and run CHOP. select any of the segments as the source, specify a target name and click on APPEND

This is not for 3878, but for 3894. I THINK it contains the hotfixes for 3878, but am not positive, and I no longer have the 3878 install files

Mike_Bergeson
Level 2
This appears to be the original build 3808? Anyone else agree?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You're right.

Nust have mis-labeled the CD. let me look around and see if I can find the correct version

meanwhile the files have been removed

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
OK Guys -

found a 3878 download

Same instructions as before, download the segment files and CHOP.EXE to an empty directory, run CHOP to assemble them and away you go.

Chuck_Welby
Level 2
I have BE ver 8.6 3808 for Win 2000 SBS. I have been looking for the upgrade to ver 3878. Are the ver 3878 segment files identified in this thread for Win NT the same files I need? Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yes

Download all the segment files and CHOP.EXE

enjoy!

Chuck_Welby
Level 2
Excellent! Thanks for the clarification. I ran into a problem downloading the segment files from Yahoo Briefcase. After successfully downloading Chop and 7 of the 8 segments, it seems the public/shared access to the files was cut off, or at least the speed was cut back to a level that it would take a solid week to download a 14MB file (i.e. < 100 bytes/sec). This was not a problem on the first 7 segment files I downloaded. I have re-tried numerous times (different machines, locations, ISPs, etc.). The result is the same. I have everything I need except the .exe003 segment file.

Thanks in advance for the help!

- Chuck