cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server Also if i have

Prc_Prc
Level 2
I have 2 servers-one windows 2003 file server and one Windows Small Business Server 2000. Tape drive is connected on the Windows 2003 file server. I have installed on the file server Backup exec ver 10.0 and intel. Disaster recovery option. I want to backup also exchange server ( on Windows Small Business Server ) What option i have to buy, exchange agent or Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server ??? Also if i have Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server i can install on Windows 2003 file server ???
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

If you have license for "Backup Execfor Windows Servers" then you can backup a remote SBS server and would require an extra remote agent to be installed on the SBS server.

Also refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/253755

We would also like to clarify that the SBS edition of Backup Exec is meant to be installed only on SBS edition of Windows OS.

For any purchase, upgrade or licensing issues, you can contact our Sales:
http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Prc_Prc
Level 2
Ours customer has already 1 License for Backup Exec ver 10 For Small Business Servers, 1 License Backup Exec ver 10 for Windows servers, and 1 License for Backup Exec Intelligent Recovery ver 10 Option Unlimited Clients. Is it possible to make this enviroment to work with this configurations???.

Or the other option if we move the tape streamer from Windows 2003 file server to Windows SBS 2000 server is it possible to work with this licenses???

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello!

You could install the Backup exec for windows servers license on your windows 2003 server where your tape drive is attached and also install the IDR license there itself.

So the licenses are useable in your environment.

You will have to decide whether you need another media server i.e another backup server. A media server is the one which has the bews base software running with the base license installed. You will have to decide what you want to do with your extra BE for SBS license key!

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.