cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec installed Agents and Options

rickyrak
Level 4

Hi Everyone -

I am looking for a quick and easy way to see what agents I have installed on which servers and get a summary of this.   I am analyzing the use of certain backup techniques and wondering a way to do this.   Basically I want to prepare a spreadsheet showing which servers use which backup agents.    I am inherting this environment from an existing admin that left the company so I dont have all the details yet.

Is there a way in Backup Exec to get a summary listing of all the installed Remote Agents?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE console->Open a selection list->check the favorite resources->You will see a list of server

where remote agent is installed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE console->Open a selection list->check the favorite resources->You will see a list of server

where remote agent is installed. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE has only one remote agent that you install on a remote server.  When we talk about SQL agent, Exchange agent, etc, it is the capability that we are referring to, not an actual agent.  To accomplish you task, you need to see how many application licences that you have. e.g. 2 SQL agent licences and 1 Exchange agent licence.  You then match these licences to to the actual server.  For example,

Server 1 - SQL Server --> SQL agent

Server 2 - SQL Server ---> SQL agent

Server 2 - Exchange Server ---> Exchange agent

So Server 2 has both the SQL as well as the Exchange agents.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the other option is to run the Licensing Wizard from within BE...this will tell you where your agents are installed, and how many additional licenses you might need.