cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec license upgrade

Francesco_BB
Level 3

Hello,

we recently decide to upgrade our old Backup Exec 12.5 on windows server 2003. We installed Backup Exec 15 on a new windows server 2012 r2 and we recreated all jobs we need. Now the new backup exec is in evalutation mode and we need to add licenses. On veritas licensing portal I found agents licenses and i think i have to click return and generate new keys, then add them into the new Backup Exec. Am I right? If not, how i can move licenses from old Backup Exec to the new?

Another question is that i can't find the "Base License" on the portal and i don't know how to upgrade/migrate for the new server.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you don't license BE within the next 30 days, any agents selected will stop working, and any servers being backed up with Exchange, SQL etc. will end up in failed jobs.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You will need .slf license file for the core product as well as for any remote agent.

I would suggest you to contact Veritas Licensing Team to check if you are eligible for a free upgrade.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/contact-us.html

Francesco_BB
Level 3

Thank you for your answer AmoIB.

We're trying to solve this with Veritas Licensing Team. I have another question if you can help me. I used BE for 30 days and it remain 30 day of the evaluation period.

If we don't find a license in this period what will happen?

will my backup jobs fail? 

Thank you in advance

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you don't license BE within the next 30 days, any agents selected will stop working, and any servers being backed up with Exchange, SQL etc. will end up in failed jobs.

Thanks!