cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec licenses Activation

np_nitin
Level 3

Hello Experts,

First of all, I am going to give you brief information related to my scenario.

I installed Backup Exec 21 on windows 2019 about 5 months ago but at that time of installation, I skip the licenses adding step.

Now I have an Entitlement ID for both Exec and Agent. So please help me with how I proceed further and will my data will be safe after adding licenses?

Also please brief me about the scenario when I am adding Entitlement ID to the software.

Thank you very much...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You need to contact the licencing department to change your purchase to a new e-mail id before using it on the licencing portal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you purchase a BE licence, you will be given an Entitlement ID which allows you to download the licence files from the licence portal.  Once downloaded, you can add the licence files to your BE installation and that will allow BE to function normally.  Your backed up data will be unaffected whether you have a licence or not.  Without a licence, BE will not allow to do backups after the trial period.

Thanks for your reply.

We have procured these licenses using my manager's Email and haven't created an account to the Veritas portal and now he left an organization.

So, is that sufficient to use only Entitlement ID instead of the License file into Veritas BE?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You need to contact the licencing department to change your purchase to a new e-mail id before using it on the licencing portal.