I have some question in regard of the Backup Exec Licenses.
In my environment, there are mixture of BE ala carte license includes BE MEdia Server and VRay edition license.
After key in all serial number ( all a la carte + Vray ) , Vray edition licenses is showed
My questions are:
1. Since the environment consists of BE MEdia Server license and Vray edition license. How the sequence of the licenses been read by BE. Is there any specific sequence if I would like to use the license of the BE Media Server a la carte licenses?
2. There are 2 x BE hyper-V agent licenses and 2 x Vray-edition licenses. What is the column "Licenses Used" means from the report as showed below
Solved! Go to Solution.
PKH is correct, this just my opinion based on what you have mentioned. To come up with the proper licenses, you can contact Symantec Customer Care or your local Symantec Sales Personnel.
My opinion on your question:
1. Backup Exec has no specific sequence to read key-inned licenses
2. Backup Exec detected that you are under license. you are entitled to use 2 V-Ray Edition 2 to 6 cores, but BE detected that you have 5 occupied sockets..
FYI, from the Backup Exec Licensing Guide:
- Two licensing tiers are available. Purchase the edition according to the number of cores inside the CPUs (socket)
A. Backup exec V-Ray Edition 2 to 6 cores
B. Backup exec V-Ray Edition 8 plus cores
- Backup Exec V-Ray edition is licensed per occupied sucket (CPU) on the virtual host.
Below is the example environment and how to license V-Ray Edition.
A. One (1) virtual host on a server with two (2) occupied sockets that each have four (4) cores.
B. Eight (8) applications/databases on the virtual host
A. Two (2) units Backup Exec V-Ray Edition 2 to 6 cores
Maybe i shoud clarify my quesion.
The environment confirmed consists of 4 x Hyper-V servers
Licenses already purchased 2 x Hyper-V/Vmware Agent and 2 x Vray Edition (1 CPU, 6 cores)
Since there is mixture of the licenses.
My questions are:
1. Since the environment consists of BE MEdia Server license and Vray edition license. Is there any specific sequence if I would like to use the license of the BE Media Server a la carte license?