cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec mit Maintenance Vertrag für 1 Jahr doppelt kaufen wird daraus 2 Jahre?

Frankbackes
Level 3

Hallo,

Wie im Titel bereits beschrieben, stehe ich vor dem Problem dass ich einen Server habe mit 2 CPU und 24 Kernen und das ganze VM's in sich trägt demnach wäre für mich die V-Ray edition die idealste, da ich 2 CPU habe brauche ich auch 2x die Backup Exec 2014 V-Ray nur finde ich diese nur mit Maintenance Vertrag und wenn ich diese nun 2 mal kaufe stellt sich mir die Frage ob ich dann Gebrauch machen kann von dem 2 Maintenance Vertrag also ob es dann 2 Jahre werden oder verliere ich das 2 Jahr? Das wäre echt unsinnig da ich dafür Zahle und es aber nicht nutzen könnte.

Ich hoffe ihr versteht meine Erklärung und könnt mir weiterhelfen.

Danke im Voraus.

MfG Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check with the Symantec Licensing Team.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42310

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB

Check with the Symantec Licensing Team.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42310

Frankbackes
Level 3
Hi, Actually I was redirected to the forums to ask my question. So returning to the support would not be the best answer

VJware
Level 6

Support would not be able to answer this query, though the Licensing team will. Were you referred to the forums by the Support team or Licensing ?

Try the contact phone number per this link - http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

If this still doesn't help, let me know & I'll try to dig in a bit.

Frankbackes
Level 3

Hi,

Thank you the Licensing department helped me.

So for ppl searching for an answer after me:

The maintenance of both licences will start at same time as I need a maintenance support contract per CPU so later to extend for 1 Year I would need to buy again 2 maintenance contracts.

1. Actually the question is, if I buy only one V-Ray and have 2 CPU installed will it detect that and block me? Or is it just a question of illegality that the second CPU has no license?

2.Because in that case I would remove one CPU in that case for the beginning and later I will then upgrade to the second license and add the 2 CPU.

Could somebody answer me on those questions please?

Thank you

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is something that you need to ask the Licencing department. Any other answer would be just an opinion

Frankbackes
Level 3

OK thank you

I will mark AmolB s answer as the solution as contacting the licensing department was the solution.

I will do that as soon I got a reply from the department so I can update theire reply in the topic

Thx

Frank

Frankbackes
Level 3

as AmolB was asking me if I got an update and I only got the feedback to call a number that is unreachable from my country, I just don't care anymore and will do my test no mater what happens.

Thx AmolB your answer was the solution to the inital Question