cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not working

80s_girl
Level 2

I have a problem with my backup exec 2012 (v14.0.1798). One day it was working fine and the very next day it stopped working. I tried finding a solution but nothing seemed to work. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling it and it worked for a week. I had to reboot server after MS updates and then I started getting the same errors again. Here is the following information from the event logs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: (65535)
Event ID: 57345
Date:  8/26/2014
Time:  12:52:35 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: 
Description:
Database Exception Context:m_QueryTimeoutInSeconds=30 sql={? = CALL DBO.NE_SAVEPARAMETER(?,?,?,?)} Error:-536837662: :: -2147467259:Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only. :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xf42 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80004005 Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time:  12:52:37 PM
Computer: 
Description:
Database Exception Context:m_QueryTimeoutInSeconds=30 sql={? = CALL DBO.SAVEMACHINEEX(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)} Error:-536837662: :: -2147467259:Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only. :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xf42 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80004005 Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer: 
Description:
Database Exception Context:MachineEx Insert Error:-536837662: :: -2147467259:Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only. :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xf42 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80004005 Failed to update database "BEDB" because the database is read-only.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 57802
Computer: 
Description:
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 12.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

80s_girl
Level 2

Thank you for your comments. I actually found out that the problem is because the HBSS team changed their policy and it started blocking the database. So I guess if this happens to anyone else look into the virus software. It may save you a week of frustration.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Restart the BKUPEXEC SQL service. 2. If this does not work, then go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to replace the BEDB with the last good copy

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure the SQL instance is set to run under the local system account.

Secondly, open a cmd and browse to the BE directory. Run the following command and PM/paste the output

beserver.exe -console

80s_girl
Level 2

Thank you for your comments. I actually found out that the problem is because the HBSS team changed their policy and it started blocking the database. So I guess if this happens to anyone else look into the virus software. It may save you a week of frustration.