cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec out of Control with Resource Order and Time of Job

Yavcoaz
Not applicable

We are running Backup Exec 2010 locally on a Windows 2008 R2 with a single load LTO-5 tape drive attached. We do a full backup with verify Monday through Friday from the C: D: and E: drives and the system state to tape in that order. The backup has been running flawlessly beginning at 6:30 p.m. and ending before 9:00 p.m. from 4/8/2011 until 6/30/2011. On 7/4/2011 the job used the order of backup of E: and systemstate then, verify of C: D: E: and system state, then backup of C: and D:. This backup starts at 6:30 p.m. and finishes by 9:00 a.m. the next morning. There are no BEWS alerts just informational pieces. I have tried deleting then recreating the selection list, job policy and the scheduled job. It makes no difference. Is anyone able to explain what I need to do to regain control of the Backup Exec 2010 software.

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Go through the job log and check which resources are taking long time to complete.

If possible compare the previous job logs with the latest onces.

Also make sure that there are no media remove alerts in the alerts tab.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

On 7/4/2011 the job used the order of backup of E: and systemstate then, verify of C: D: E: and system state, then backup of C: and D:.

I don't understand.  How can your job verify C: and D: before they are backed up?  It makes no sense.  Can you save the joblog as a mhtml file and post it here?

It could be that the BEDB is damaged.  You can go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.