cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec requests service restart every day or two

PortTaranaki
Level 3

Hey there,

We have a deduplication store that is attached to a NAS using iscsi.

Every couple of days, backupexec prompts us to restart all of the services and often (not always) the dedupe store is offline untill the restart. I had limited success with support, and I've always had good help from the forums so here I am. Does anyone have any ideas? I originally thought it was a space issue, but doesn't appear to be.

Cheers

Josh

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

I can point to some of the logs that can be helpful. Ideally restart of services may be required when new jobs are being run or configured with client side dedupe setting and in this case the BE services need to be restarted to discover the clients which have this setting enabled. But the storage should not go offline.

Check recent messages/errors in event viewer and adamm.log relating to dedupe services and dedupe discovery resp. ( check adamm.log (BE Install Path\Logs from the end up )Also check iscsiprt error ( connection errors. check requirement for hosting dedupe on iscsi ). Can also take a look at spoold.log ( dedupe\log\spoold\spoold.log ) storaged.log also found in the same location , spad.log ( dedupe\log\spad\spad.log) to see if any recent errors are seen.

kf2013
   VIP   

Please investigate Windows Event  log. it may give you hints and ways to troubleshoot.