cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec services stopping daily - no user interaction

HUNTKB82
Level 0
 I was hoping there may be a quick solution to this. I have Backup Exec 12.0 rev 1364 installed to server running Server 2003 R2 SP2. Basically The BE services seem to stop daily (sometimes bi-daily) by themselves, if I don't log in to manually start them again then the jobs fail. When starting them manually, they all seem to start within a second which is strange as I know these services take a while to start normally.

Associated errors include 'The job failed with the following error: The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.'  and 'The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer'

The target computer is local only, there are no networked resources being backed up, just this server only.

The only change made a while back was the tape drive, it failed and was replaced with same model on carepack support. I do remember hearing once that something may need doing after changing a tape drive to prevent problems but can't seem to find what it was. Drive has been renamed to same name as previous one (Previous drive deleted first) the jobs run fine as mentioned but only after manually starting the services, it appears the jobs complete then the services stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Look in the event logs when the services crash for any events related to the services crashing.  Also which services is crashing?  Is it one or multiple services?