cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec slow job rate after live update

nguyen_nam0907
Level 2

Hi all,

Im using BE 2012 running on Windows 2008, I have 2 jobs full backup: backup email (BE),  backup data (agent) and backup storage is LTO 4. I have updated BE to SP4, the rate job down to 110 Mb/min (before 1.7500 Mb/min).

Help me improve Backup Exec's performance

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you push-install the updates to your remote servers, as well as reboot the media server & 2 remote servers?

If not, do so and then try again...

Thanks!

nguyen_nam0907
Level 2

yes I did, I have reboot all server, backup storage, install driver storage, but when backup job rate down 300Mb to 50Mb :(

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. If you have sufficient disk space, backup to disk and see what is the job rate 2. Tune your tape drive. See my article below https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/user/pkh

nguyen_nam0907
Level 2

thank pkh,

I dont have sufficient disk space, I back up test on tape: job rate begin is 1.700 Mb/s with 425Mb, and then job rate down but bytes dont up. I dont understand what BE error or services of server error 

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Backup performance is the result of numerous factors. It may not be due to the tape drive. Unfortunately, you would just have to figure out what your bottlenecks are

nguyen_nam0907
Level 2

Sr pkh, when live update,  BE installed hotfix for SP4 or not?

In BE installed updated I saw that Service Park 4, and hotfix 31747. Can you tell me this hotfix is right for SP4?

thanks. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified
LU will only install hotfixes which are appropriate for the SP

bingabong
Level 3

I have a similiar issue with the job rate falling following the installation of BE 2012 SP4 & Hotfix 217347. 

Running on Windows Server 2003 SP2. Backing up to external Tandberg LTO-2 drive. The job rate prior to the installation of SP4 & Hotfix 217347 was 355.09 MB/min. Now it is around 180 MB/min.