Highlighted

Backup Exec to SQL Server

I need to access the directory and file listing of my tapes, which are being backed up via Backup Exec, and send this data automatically to MS SQL, maybe a batch file or powershell script.

What I really need to know is files/directories/tape

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB)

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB) tables are not published in any way. You're going to have to contact Symantec directly to see what tables you require from this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Accepted Solution!

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB)

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB) tables are not published in any way. You're going to have to contact Symantec directly to see what tables you require from this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

This information is not

This information is not readily available in one place. Furthermore, a backup set can span multiple tapes. However, you can dump the files backed up for each backup set using CatTools. See this document http://www.veritas.com/docs/000022787 And match then to the tapes listed in the joblog of the job which created the backup set

Re: Backup Exec to SQL Server

how are the .fh file names generated ? Is there anyway that the name of the fh file can be related to the backup media (tape, harddisk) ? I've already used the cattool, but I can't know which tape has which fh files.

thanks in advance for the replies.

I don't think there is any way to connect the 2, unless you check at the date/time creation.

The XML file that has the same name as the FH file will conrtain some details of the media labels. The XML files are text readable in a markup language format