cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec to SQL Server

saj3an_qazzi
Level 3

I need to access the directory and file listing of my tapes, which are being backed up via Backup Exec, and send this data automatically to MS SQL, maybe a batch file or powershell script.

What I really need to know is files/directories/tape

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB) tables are not published in any way. You're going to have to contact Symantec directly to see what tables you require from this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

...the backup Exec DB (BEDB) tables are not published in any way. You're going to have to contact Symantec directly to see what tables you require from this.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This information is not readily available in one place. Furthermore, a backup set can span multiple tapes. However, you can dump the files backed up for each backup set using CatTools. See this document http://www.veritas.com/docs/000022787 And match then to the tapes listed in the joblog of the job which created the backup set

saj3an_qazzi
Level 3

how are the .fh file names generated ? Is there anyway that the name of the fh file can be related to the backup media (tape, harddisk) ? I've already used the cattool, but I can't know which tape has which fh files.

thanks in advance for the replies.

CraigV

I don't think there is any way to connect the 2, unless you check at the date/time creation.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The XML file that has the same name as the FH file will conrtain some details of the media labels. The XML files are text readable in a markup language format