cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec v12.5, Exchange 2007 - How to sort restore emails by From field ?

tomhass
Level 2

Hi

I have GRT Exchange 2007 backups on tape. A user accidentally deleted all their messages from John Smith.

They have asked me to restore these emails...I thought it would be simple as we have Granular GRT backups......but when I try to restore it only displays the email subjects and not From or To fields.

How do I display and sort by To and From fields please ?

Thanks

Tomhass

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Tom: I'd suggest going to the Ideas section of the Backup and Archiving section and posting this as an Idea...enough thumbs-up, and maybe Symantec will get the general idea behind it :)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

Hi Tomhass,

Doesn't appear to be any way to do it that way. I have BE 2010 R2 and I have the same view...no way to sort by sender. You'd have to look into doing a redirected restore of all the emails, or restoring to an RSG and getting the email that way.

Looks like a bit of an oversight!

Laters!

tomhass
Level 2

Hi Craig

I believe you are correct - I wanted to get a 2nd opinion as I couldn't quite believe that a supposed premier backup product did not have an option to sort/restore by the sender (or receiver) field.

Otherwise trying to find some emails is looking for a needle in a haystack ! frown

I did a restore the long way round as you suggested - by restoring a a whole Inbox to a dummy email account first (just for 2 emails actually wanted !!) - that works but is totally lame....

Can you fix this Symantec ?

Thanks

Tomhass

CraigV

Tom: I'd suggest going to the Ideas section of the Backup and Archiving section and posting this as an Idea...enough thumbs-up, and maybe Symantec will get the general idea behind it :)

tomhass
Level 2

Sounds a good idea..I will do that...

Regards

Tomhass

Lively
Level 5

You could mount the edb file after duplicating the files to disk.  From there you can use the the Exchange shelll to restore by email address.  Once you have the edb on disk (and accessible to your exchange server), the process takes maybe 5 minutes

GSP001
Level 2

Hello,

I have to find all sent items from 2009.

What is the best way to do this ?

CraigV

Hi,

Can you open a new forum query around this please?
Thanks!