cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec v12.5 - V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found.

DarrenW
Level 3

Every so often when performing our daily scheduled differential backup, I get the below error.

Backup- \\<SERVER>.<do.main>\D: 

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \All_Systems_Flat_Backup\<sub_folder>\Teams\U_Drive\Team HR\Employee Development\MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS and its subdirectories.

Note:
Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.

The error is “correct” the folder does not exist; it’s normally been deleted or renamed.
In the selection list I tick the parent folder, in this case called ‘All_Systems_Flat_Backup’ to backup all of the subfolders (except one), as shown. 

Selection list example

The content of the subfolders change daily, is it not reasonable to assume that users will delete subfolders occasionally? Do I have to refresh the selection list every day??

I don’t get this error often, about once every 1-2 weeks, but this job “failure” is ruining my perfect stats! :)

How do system admins of larger implementations deal with this annoyance?

Any help would be most appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

DarrenW
Level 3
Ok, why do i get the crap formating rubbish at the top of the post as well??

DarrenW
Level 3
Shamless bump. ;)

JRB
Level 3
Hi Darren,

I have the same problem - did you get any resolution for this ?

cheers,
John

joydeepdutt
Level 4

This error comes up for diffrential backups??
Could you please confirm if you run Full backup does this error come up? - I am sure it wont.

Example :
Full backup : Main folder 'A'   :: sub folder s : 1,2,3,4 were backed up
now before diffrential : Folder 4 is deleted & folder 5 is added
So logically it should backup only folder 5
however in your cases of diffrentials backup : is it trying to look for folder 4 (for this the error is coming up) & backs up folder 5 correctly

Did I understand correctly ?