Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec vs HP Data Protector

API
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Is anyone having datasheet of Backup Exec vs HP Data protector?

So that I can tell my customers that why it is better then other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to the below link.

http://backup-software.findthebest.com/compare/32-107-112/Backup-Exec-vs-HP-Data-Protector-vs-Tivoli...

To add to the above link.

* Symantec provides 24x7 support and Knowledge base too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to the below link.

http://backup-software.findthebest.com/compare/32-107-112/Backup-Exec-vs-HP-Data-Protector-vs-Tivoli...

To add to the above link.

* Symantec provides 24x7 support and Knowledge base too.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi API,

If you check the link below, you'll find an HP perspective of Data Protector vs. Backup Exec:

ftp://128.121.115.102/pub/hrrsbb/!MARINKO/88A6F94Fd01.pdf

BE has these support forums which are pretty good. Furthermore, in terms of the Gartner quadrant in this particular area of IT, Symantec are in the Leaders quadrant vs. HP who are in the Challengers quadrant...

We were considering HP Data Protector and moved away from it due to a lack of proper support.

Thanks!

teiva-boy
Level 6

Data Protector is NOT a player at all.  The only folks that buy that, were given it to them, because they bought a lot of HP storage in a larger purchase, and the Data Protector licenses were more or less given away.

Symantec has the most sales, covering more than 40% of the market, worldwide (Which is misleading as it consists of two different products).  EMC's Networker is next, IBM TSM is 3rd.  Data Protector is listed I think in the "other," category when looking up statistics of overall sales of backup software.

But there is no dedupe, no archiving, and no where near the GRT functionality in Data Protector.

However, Data Protector is a faster produuct in terms of performance as you can multi-plex and multi-stream backups.  Not to mention, better OS support for the rare cases that need it.

API
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks Craig,

But I am already having the same, which is more or less for HP users

API
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks Amol,

Its really helpful