cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec

Techgirl01
Level 3

Hello,
My name is Marcia and I am fairly new to using Symantec Backup Exec. Actually I am new to the company that I work for and trying to get settled in my Network Admin position. So please bare with me as I try to explain what is going on. Furthermore, I did researched the forums but could not find answers to my "specific" issue.
I am using Backup Exec 2010 version 13.0 Rev 4164 and I have noticed that my full backups on Fridays have not been completing for some time now (many months actually... not good! ) because of this error: "The job was automatically canceled because it exceeded the jobs maximum configured run time" Normally my tape kicks out on Monday as if the job completed, however this is not always the case. I went into the properties of both my scheduled daily backup and Friday full backup and looked under Priority and Availability to see if the Enable automatic cancellation for this selection list was checked and it was NOT checked for either one. However, if I go into Tools and Options and look under the Priority and Availability it is checked under there and set to 14 hours. Could this be what is causing my Friday full backups to fail or cancel? My daily backups are not failing, why would those not be affected by this? Can you help me understand what is the logical purpose of using the Automatic Cancellation method? And is it really necessary to use this method?
I have unchecked the automatic cancellation as of now, but I was in hope that someone could advise me on this issue to make sure that I have these settings correct for what I need.
I sincerely appreciate your advise and support with this issue.
Many thanks,
Marcia

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

"Tools and Options and look under the Priority and Availability it is checked under there and set to 14 hours"

These are the global settings...uncheck the same...

Techgirl01
Level 3

Thank you kindly!

Dev_T
Level 6

Is the issue resolved?