cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec2010, "Job Contains No Data" - exceptions

Cupis
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I am finding a huge flood of alert mails coming through about "Job Contains No Data". We would like these notifications, since if someone emptied a location we would like to clean it up. However we sometimes backup directories that dont change often, so when the differential backups runs, it see's there have been no changes and then sends that alert to us.

So to summarise, we looking for a way (if possible) to switch that alert off for differentials backups, or any other exception options if there are.

Kind Regards,

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe that the job log and therefroe jobs status will always record an exception/warning when a job runs but backup up nothing. SO  yes you can disable the e-mail alert that it generates, but the behaviour of the overall view of jobs inside the Backup Exec console that list those that finished sucessfully, those that finsihed with exceptions and those that failed cannot be changed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

Edit the differential job properties and choose Notification on the left pane. Uncheck the option - Include job log with a notification....

Colin_Weaver

I believe that the job log and therefroe jobs status will always record an exception/warning when a job runs but backup up nothing. SO  yes you can disable the e-mail alert that it generates, but the behaviour of the overall view of jobs inside the Backup Exec console that list those that finished sucessfully, those that finsihed with exceptions and those that failed cannot be changed.

Cupis
Level 4

Ok so while I know how to remove the notification on the job itself, the setup I have is notifications are setup through Tools > Alert Categories, which to my knowledge will enforce the notification if not configured on the job itself.?