cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failed Error but all servers backup

KJ_44
Level 3

Hi,

My backups are failing since I upgraded from 10d to 12.  I am getting the following error:

Job ended: Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 7:40:10 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976

which is not helping much.

Every server is backing up just fine however, the backups are "failed."  If files are skipped, is this considered a failed job?  We have two linux servers that are not upgraded to the v12 remote agent but they back up fine, just with a comment:

"The target computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade

the Remote Agent."

These servers ARE backing up however.  

These are the only two things that could be the reason for the failed backup as far as I can see.  Has anyone else had similar trouble?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ermannof
Level 2

I have the same problem

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that agent is 2 versions behind, and Symantec actually state they only really support 1 version behind.

Upgrade your agents via a push/manual install, and see what happens with the backup. That SHOULD solve your issue.

Please post the results here...

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi KJ 44,

Have you come right here? If so, can you please mark off the solution?

Thanks!