cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failure (V-79-57344-65072)

Selvum
Level 3

Hello.

I am running backup exec version 12.0............my backups used to work but now its failing with error message "V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled". I checked the web sites and followed the  requested procedures.......checked network, dcom..etc.

Please assist in resolving this issue.

Many Thanks and Regards

Selvum Moodley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Selvum,

In that case, have you made sure that your media server is fully patched, and that these patches have been push-installed to your remote servers?

If not, do so and then try again. If you have been fully updated, then I'd suggest contacting Symantec To see if you can get that patch from support.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

1. Is the RAWS agent on that target server still running? If not, turn it on again and try the backup;

2. Have you tried to uninstall the RAWS agent, and then push-install it?

3. Have you verified that port 10000 is open on any firewall running on that server, or any installed AV isn't perhaps blocking the RAWS agent? You can then put in an exclusion for this...(beremote.exe).

Thanks!

Selvum
Level 3

Hello Craig.

Thanks for your reply. I tried all the steps that you suffested (step 1 -3). I still get the same error message "V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled"

I check on the net and one person had the same problem and symantec had eventually given him a hot fix........see this link  "http://www.netnoggin.com/e000fe30-A-Communications-Failure-Has-Occurred.asp".

Please assist.

Selvum Moodley

CraigV

Hi Selvum,

In that case, have you made sure that your media server is fully patched, and that these patches have been push-installed to your remote servers?

If not, do so and then try again. If you have been fully updated, then I'd suggest contacting Symantec To see if you can get that patch from support.

Thanks!