cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Increment failed the operation failed because the vcenter or esx server reported that the virtual machine's configuration is invalid

RIDHO07
Level 4

Hi,

i have some problem with backup VM increment with error :

0xe00095a7 - The operation failed because the virtual center or ESX server reported that the virtual machine's configuration is invalid.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38311

i already doing troubleshoot with this link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH139019

and then, i already reinstall RAWS and restart server after reinstall. The problem still occured, but the job full backup no problem. the job backup full successful.

the problem occur just job increment. what should i do?

note :

windows server 2008 R2 standart

bakup exec 2012 SP4 hotfix 217347

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1) What is the version of ESX that you are using? BE 2012 only support up till ESX 5.5 2) Try resetting the CBT, see this document http://www.veritas.com/docs/000086460

RIDHO07
Level 4

yes, my ESX 5.5, i already reseting the CBT. but the problem still occur.

fyi, 

when job backup full running, on the server want to backup. occur information from event viewer :

source BeVssProvider cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. you can install or repair the component on the local computer.

if the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

the following information was included with the event: Services Stopped

previousely, i already reinstall the RAWS in this server. whether i must install the BeVssProvider too?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you install RAWS, the BE provider is automatically installed. I would suggest that you push out the RAWS again to this machine

RIDHO07
Level 4
I have been repush agent, but the issue still occurred.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to the VM and disable all other providers

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the OS of the VM ?

Are the incremental & full backups targetted to the same storage type ?

Do ensure the Remote Agent service is running on the VM & is set to use the Local System Account.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If it is a backup of a VM, is the full backup online during the incremental backup? This is required