cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Incremental Problem

zan_tee
Level 2
Hi All,

Please refer below picture. Now, i'm running daily incremental backup, but my backup file(bkf) will automatic create new bkf file in daily. Can i run daily incremental backup to one backup database(bkf)? 

TQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the Overwrite and Append Protection Period of the media set contains the .bkf files.  These periods should be set appropriate so that BE can re-use or append to the .bkf files.

Click the properties of the files to see whether they can be overwritten or appended to.  If the protection periods has not expired, then these files cannot be re-used.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1) Under Tools --> Options ---> Media Management, you should set the Media Overwrite Option to Overwrite recyclable media contained in targeted media set before overwriting scratch media.  BE will then re-use the recycleable .bkf files before creating new ones.

2) For the B2D folder properties, increase the Maximum number of backup sets per backup to disk file.  This will allow BE to put more backup sets into each files before creating new ones.

Lastly, although you can set your job property to Append, this is not advisable as the OPP starts from the end of the latest backup job.

zan_tee
Level 2
Already tick "Overwrite recyclable media contained in targeted media set before overwriting scratch media", but the BE still the same create new .bkf  for yesterday night incremental backup. 
 why cannot append to same .bkf file?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the Overwrite and Append Protection Period of the media set contains the .bkf files.  These periods should be set appropriate so that BE can re-use or append to the .bkf files.

Click the properties of the files to see whether they can be overwritten or appended to.  If the protection periods has not expired, then these files cannot be re-used.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should also let us know your backup scheme and the Overwrite and Append Protection Period of the media set, so that we can see whether they are set up optimally.