cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job Failed when it starts to verify

samuelBE
Level 4

My sheduled backup job have bee running fine , but now days , once it finished backuping , when it try to verify, it failes without verfying anthing. The error i get is "e00084f0 - The device timed out". 

And for every serveres, i have added on backup job i get this error below

Backup- [Name of The servers to be backuped]
Storage device "HP 0003" reported an error on a request to read data from media.

Error reported:

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

V-79-57344-34032 - The device timed out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The error seems to be realted to Hardware failure , try running the Hp tape device tool which might help in detecting if there is any issue with the hardware.

Make sure you have the latest symantec Tape device drivers installed.

Please upload the Adamm log if the problem still exsist.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The error seems to be realted to Hardware failure , try running the Hp tape device tool which might help in detecting if there is any issue with the hardware.

Make sure you have the latest symantec Tape device drivers installed.

Please upload the Adamm log if the problem still exsist.

samuelBE
Level 4

I have downloaded and installed HP Libray tool and when i rup the application .. i get the error shown below( I have attached the error) . But at that time , backup job is running, could it be that problem?

About symantec updater driver , i have run tapeinst.exe, have run LiveUpdate ( which show me there is no update) and my Meda Server Version is 13.0 Rev. 5204. does those all mean that i am on the latest version. How can found latest driver?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For the HP LT&T tool, make sure that you have stopped all the BE services before running the tool.  If you run the tool and it is unable to detect the tape library/drive, then you have a connection problem.  You would need to contact the vendor to help you connect the tape library/drive to the server properly.   Check that the tape library is listed in the Windows Device Manager as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver and the tape drive has a Symantec driver.  Both devices MUST be functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager before BE can use them.

If you have updated to the latest SP and hotfixes, then you would have the latest drivers.  Run LiveUpdate until it reports that there are no more updates.