cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job occasionally fails but never retries.

syedmahdiali
Level 1

Hi People.!

This is my first question ever and I am excited to see how we go about this together :)

I have two jobs configured for now. One is for a heavy duty Exchange and Files Server.

I am running BE 15 on Win2012R2.

The Error I get is not frequently but abruptly occur with message as below.

=======================================================

Job ended: XXXX(TimeStamp)
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34041

=======================================================

I checked for logs and read "Checkpoint restart is turned off for this job"

When verified the Checkpoint recovery is enabled on all jobs including Full and Incremental jobs.

I have just tried disabling and re enabling this feature.

Just was wondering is there a way apart from the check point recovery to add rule to restart the job if the last job status is failed and retry for say 3 attempts to avoid looping retry for a genuinely failing job unlike this.

Since this jobs have always ended successfully on a manual retry.

Suggestions and Help on the whole situation here is highly appreciated.. 

1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Syed,

The CheckPoint restart function is only for Files & Folders backup and not for databases. Even in Checkpoint restart feature there is no option where you mention how many times to retry.

The error with which the job is failing usually suggest that the beremote process (Backup Exec Remote Agent service) has terminated unexpectedly. You may want to check in the Event viewer of both the media server and remote server to see if there is any service crash error.

Regards,

-Sush...