cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Lotus Domino Notes Server failed

amr_tarek
Level 3
Partner Accredited
My Backup job contains only the Lotus DB and some folders in Drive D:\. But when start backup , it backup all the Lotus Domino Database and after that the failed with following error. V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion and its subdirectories. By the way , i already installed the new BE 2012 SP2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

The solution from Autotype1 will not help you JvdPoel. However, Autoype1 said right, you don't need to have separate jobs. 

On your original problem: "However, deselecting this folder (mount point) causes the SDR indicator to go OFF from green to grey. 

So no .DR file is created."

Actually, this deselection has to be made from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node and not the NTFS (e.g. C:\) node. If you expand "Lotus Domino Databases" till you find the mount folder for which you are getting failure, and deselect it, your issue shall resolve.

Deselecting anything from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node will not make the SDR indicator go away as it doesn't affect SDR.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In SEP, configure exceptions for Backup Exec Install folder and all the services. 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168940

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

Hi, you can exclude this folder from your backup. 

Backup Exec Domino Agent doesn't support mount points and hence this error: 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77399

JvdPoel
Level 3

Hi,

We are having the exact same problem when backing up our Lotus Domino server.

However, deselecting this folder (mount point) causes the SDR indicator to go OFF from green to grey.
So no .DR file is created.

All SEP exceptions are in place, configured this together with Symantec support but until
now no solution on how to create a SDR complete backup with the folder selected.

On a sidenote, I was also told that we are backing up our Domino server incorrectly.
At the moment we just have everything selected C,D,E,...partition + Lotus Domino DB's + System State.

The correct way should be to create 2 jobs, 1 that backs up the C-partition + system state and
another job with only Lotus Domino Databases selected, can anyone confirm this ?

Autotype1
Level 3

Never heard of having to run seperate jobs. We've been using the agent for years and frequently restore .NSF databases.

To the OP:

I have some notes from way back when we were having problems with the Domino agent. ** I don't know what the consequences are of changes these values ** they were for a different problem which was related to communication with the agent, but they might help.

1. Stop the Backup Exec remote agent service on the Domino server
2. Go into the registry and browse to the following path:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\DOMINO
3. Change the following 2 DWORD values:
    Enable Change Journal = 0
    Enable Notes Database Filtering = 0
4. Close the registry
5. Browse to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs and delete NOTESDB*.UCJ files
6. Restart the Backup Exec remote agent service.

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

The solution from Autotype1 will not help you JvdPoel. However, Autoype1 said right, you don't need to have separate jobs. 

On your original problem: "However, deselecting this folder (mount point) causes the SDR indicator to go OFF from green to grey. 

So no .DR file is created."

Actually, this deselection has to be made from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node and not the NTFS (e.g. C:\) node. If you expand "Lotus Domino Databases" till you find the mount folder for which you are getting failure, and deselect it, your issue shall resolve.

Deselecting anything from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node will not make the SDR indicator go away as it doesn't affect SDR.

Hope this helps.

JvdPoel
Level 3

Dear Saurabh Gupta,

Deselecting the folder from under the Lotus Domino databases fixed my issue.  The backup succeeded.  Been working with Symantec support now for 2 weeks and not once did this person suggest to deselect it at that location.  He only suggested to deselect it under the NTFS part.  Thank you!!

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

Happy to hear that. You may like to mark the post as solution to benefit future visitors. 

I will work with support to get it documented in form of a technote and share the link here. Between, can you PM me the support case number.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...solution marked!

Thanks!

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

A technote has been created to guide through this problem:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH213112

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee