cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Not working

epsone
Level 4

Good Day ,

Now more than one week the backup is not working , when the backup is started stay   que

queued I don't know why

can somone help me ?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...so running the backup to disk has eliminated BE out of the equation, leaving only the drive, SCSI card and SCSI cable.

As I mentioned above your post...get hold of the HP LTT utility and run it against the drive. This rules out hardware issues!

Make sure you're using the Symantec drivers for your tape drive too...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV

Hi,

first thing to do is to right-click your job and make sure that there are no pending alerts. If there are, check what they say...it's a good indication of your issue.

If you are unsure, post back here with the details.

Thanks!

epsone
Level 4

thank you

no I don't have pending alerts , when I start the job of backup stay queued all time so i must stoped manualy

Have you an idea ?

many Thanks 

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also check the destination where you are taking the backups. If the backups are going to tapes and check if the same backups are working fine with backup to disk or not....

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV

...is your drive online? Do you have scratch media available?

epsone
Level 4

the drive is online , the trial is working fine but stay the same problem ? and the hardware status is IDLE

thank you

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try to create a new backup job and select some different resource for backps and see if it works. This will isolate the issue if it is about the resource selected for backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV

...what OS are you using? If Windows Server 2003 turn off the Removable Storage Manager service as this conflicts with BE. Once done, restart the BE services.

Do you also perhaps have another backup application installed that could be hogging the tape drive?

epsone
Level 4

yes I have windows 2003 server , I stoped the service Removable Storage Manager service and I restart all BE services and I creat new job I select peripheral HP1 but the backup stay queued ????

I tested the backup to disk is working well but to tape is not working stay queued

one question is not probleme of space in tapes , me i do backup daily form monday to sunday ???

have any idea

many thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check the Alerts tab and see whether there is any outstanding alerts to respond to?

CraigV

...OK, so if you are happy with the space on your tapes, download HP's Library and Tape Tools. Get the 1 with the integrated firmware package. Install it, flash the firmware on your drive, and run the diagnostic checks to rule out hardware failure.

You need to stop the BE services before doing the tests or firmware upgrade.

Thanks!

epsone
Level 4

realy the problem is in the peripheral   becaus in the disque is ok now when i restart the tape machine give one erreur in The drive hardware is offline  I put online put after few second give me same error

please i have big probleme can you help me to know whay i can't do the backup in tape

Many Thanks

CraigV

...so running the backup to disk has eliminated BE out of the equation, leaving only the drive, SCSI card and SCSI cable.

As I mentioned above your post...get hold of the HP LTT utility and run it against the drive. This rules out hardware issues!

Make sure you're using the Symantec drivers for your tape drive too...

ilango
Level 1
Partner Accredited

Hi

Following steps check

1.drive is online/offline and symantec tap drive installation

2.server drive connetion check also checkSCSI card and SCSI cable.

3.if connetcion is ok one time you restart your server and drive.

regards

Ilango,R