cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup QNAP NAS shared folder

damatmoekrim
Level 3

Hi all ,

A while back we migrated from a storage server ( windows 2003 ) to QNAP NAS .

On the server 2003 we have Backup Exec 2010 R3 running which made the tape backup.

Now we want to make the backup of the QNAP NAS shared folders thru the windows server 2003 running backup exec but cant choose these folders . ( can see them but it's greyed out ) .

What could be the issue here ?

This is my current setup :

Backup Module:

Windows server 2003 SP 2

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Shared Folders:

QNAP TS-EC879U-RP 

Will post if any additional info is needed .

Regards ,

Donovan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no link to purchase a RAWS licence.  You need to contact either your local Symantec reseller or the Symantec Licencing Dept.  To contact the Symantec Licencing Dept, choose option 2 after you dial the number for Symantec support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE consolem click on Tools -> Options -> Network and Security -> "Enable selection of user shares"

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to Tools -----> Options ----> Network and Security and check the Enable user share checkbox

damatmoekrim
Level 3

i have enabled this option but still no luck.

FYI the QNAP is joined on our domain .

See attached screenshot on the message im recieving when trying to choose the shared folder.

damatmoekrim
Level 3

i have done this with no results

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure you have atleast one remote agent license installed on the BE media server.

Also make sure BE service account has full access to the NAS.

damatmoekrim
Level 3

Hi AmolB ,

It seems i need the remote agent for windows license . When doing a test backup I get the following message: License violation . A remote agent for windows system licencse is required ...................etc .

Where can I buy this or where can i get ahold of a trial ? I need to be sure this works before buying .

Regards ,

Donovan

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You have probably exceeded the trial period for the remote agent licence. If so, then you cannot get another trial unless you contact the Symantec Licencing Department. To be sure, go to Tools ----> Install Options to see what options are installed For each remote server/device that you want to backup, you need one AWS licence

damatmoekrim
Level 3

Can you send me the link where i can purchase a RAWS license ? to backup 1 remote server

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no link to purchase a RAWS licence.  You need to contact either your local Symantec reseller or the Symantec Licencing Dept.  To contact the Symantec Licencing Dept, choose option 2 after you dial the number for Symantec support.