cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup SQL databases

AIG
Not applicable

HI,

I have 4 SQL servers with 12 databases. I want to take backup of all databases daily on my external harddisk folder with also incremental some days. i have downloaded BE15 trial version and installed on one of my servers. Could anyone please guide me how i can configure my backup as mentioned above.

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Do ensure the version of SQL is comaptible as per the Software Compatbility List

2) Install the Agent for Applications & Database license (trial) by clicking on BE button - Installation And Licensing - Install options and licenses. Proceed ahead with the wizard and ensure the agent is checked.

3) Install the Remote Agent on the SQL server. You can also install the agent while adding the server in Step 5.

4) Enable Windows Authentication to the SQL instances and do ensure the BE account has "sa" rights.

5) Add the SQL server as a Windows Computer in the Backup & Restore tab.

6) Select the DBs in the backup selection list and under Microsoft SQL option of the backup job, set the backup method accordingly.

For more details, have a look @ the Agent for SQL chapter of the Admin Guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Do ensure the version of SQL is comaptible as per the Software Compatbility List

2) Install the Agent for Applications & Database license (trial) by clicking on BE button - Installation And Licensing - Install options and licenses. Proceed ahead with the wizard and ensure the agent is checked.

3) Install the Remote Agent on the SQL server. You can also install the agent while adding the server in Step 5.

4) Enable Windows Authentication to the SQL instances and do ensure the BE account has "sa" rights.

5) Add the SQL server as a Windows Computer in the Backup & Restore tab.

6) Select the DBs in the backup selection list and under Microsoft SQL option of the backup job, set the backup method accordingly.

For more details, have a look @ the Agent for SQL chapter of the Admin Guide.