cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Selections Disappeared

chris_h16
Level 2

Hi

I have just taken over the backups and everything has been fine, part from the usual errors upon backing up.

The problem i am facing now is that i cannot change the server selections.  Nothign apepars and i get the 'press F5 to refresh etc.'

I've looked at some posts and i have made the logon account member of domain admins.

The account name we use is DOMAIN\backupexec (where DOMAIN is our domain name).

In active directory what groups should the account be in?

On our servers the remote agent logs on to the service using locla system account.

I log onto the backup server using my own account which has all domain administrator access, and then open Backup Exec and this opens straight away without any logon prompt.  When i do go to Network Logon Accounts i have one account of DOMAIN\backupexec and then when i go to Network - Logon to Media Server i see our backup server bacserver12 but when i try to logon with DOMAIN\backupexec it says access denied but it works with just backupexec, i don't have a local backupexec account on bacserver12.

Can anyone please help, it has been working until a couple of days ago.  The current backups seem to be still working though.

One problem i did notice today was on the backup job from last night the errors some servers are complining that the remote agents don't match the media server.  I have tried resending the agent out through the Backup Exec GUI Interface, which said was sucessful.

0 REPLIES 0