cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Sets Catalogue but Not Available for Restore?

SF_Chewy
Level 4

Hi all,

I've recently rebuilt a media server and I'm in the process of cataloging and restoring certain files that I need. I've been cataloging tapes successfully, but when I go to the Restore wizard on that server, the wizard does not show those media sets. I've set the beginning date to far before the backups occur (they occurred in 2010, I've set the beginning date to 2000) but they still do not appear.

In the Backups and Restore tab, under the server, I click on Backup Sets (on the left) and it shows all the media on that server. However in the restore wizard these backup sets are not there to restore.

I've tried almost everything. I've cataloged all the tapes and tried to rebuild the catalogs from scratch (renaming the catalogs folder and redoing catalogs). This is urgent and I need these files off the tape.

Please see images for some clarification

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

In second image it looks like you are able to see E drive please select E drive and click on next

Also as you are able to see backup set you can duplicate backup to disk too which will recreate the catalog information and then try doing restore from there

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187271

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you installed SP1a and all the latest hotfixes?

SF_Chewy
Level 4

I can duplicate, but the backup set does not appear in the backup wizard.

All latest SP's and hotfixes have been installed via LiveUpdate.

Curious thing happens, when I change the range of the backup date to something smaller but including the range of some of the backups, I get some of the backup sets appearing (see images). However when I expand the range larger, it disappears (refer to first post)...

Is there more that I can do with regards to redoing the catalogues than just renaming the folder and retrying? It seems like they may be corrupt again.